Are you someone who is trying to fit into that stunning party wear you bought two months back? If yes, then you have come to the right place. Losing weight often seems challenging to most people out there. Giving up your favourite foods, becoming a gym rat, all of these makes you exhausted, and at this point of time, you start thinking – losing weight is impossible. You can definitely lose weight if you do at least 30 minutes of daily exercise and follow a perfect diet plan. Don’t worry about going to the gym, check out these best no equipment weight loss exercises for women.
Table of Contents
- Exercise and Weight Loss
- 5 Best Weight Loss Exercises For Women
- Yoga and Weight Loss
- Cardio Exercises For Women
- Simple Weight Loss Tips
Exercise and Weight Loss
Nothing can beat exercise in the matter of weight loss. It increases your metabolism and burns more calories. To reap the benefits of weight loss, you have to exercise at least 15 to 30 minutes a day. Even though exercise is usually advised for weight loss, you should aim for fat loss. In addition to weight loss, exercise also has many other incredible health benefits such as reducing the risk of many chronic diseases, strengthening your bones and improving mood.
5 Best Weight Loss Exercises For Women
Try out these easy and simple weight loss exercises for women at home.
This is one of the best weight loss and belly fat reduction exercises that you can do at home. Apart from weight loss, this exercise also helps to strengthen your bones, muscles, and your knees, and can also make you flexible.
- Stand up with your feet shoulder-width apart. Make sure to rest your arms down at the sides.
- Keep your chest up and neck neutral. Along with that, bend down your knees and push your hips back as if you are sitting in a chair.
- Pause when your thighs are parallel to the ground. Then, push yourself up through your heels and come back to the standing position.
Planks are highly effective isometric exercises that help to burn around 2 to 5 calories per minute (based on your body weight). This exercise also helps to improve your core strength, strengthen your back, reduce stress, increase flexibility, and lower your risk of injuries.
- Press both your hands and knees to the ground. Then, keep your back in a neutral position. While doing this, make sure to align your wrist directly under your shoulder.
- Keep the back of your neck parallel to the ceiling and your toes should be flexed.
- Allow your hands and toes to support your body weight. Don’t bend your body; instead, it should be in a straight line.
- Stay in this position for at least 30 seconds and go back to your starting position.
- Mountain Climbers
This killer exercise has the superpower to burn calories in the least amount of time. Mountain climbers can be considered as a full-body workout as it targets the major muscle groups of your body. This exercise also works great for building cardio endurance, agility, and core strength.
- Start from a plank position by supporting your weight on your hands and toes. Keep your arms straight and your legs extended.
- Keep your core braced. Also, your shoulders, hips, and feet should be in a straight line.
- Bring one knee closer to your chest and then go back to the starting position. Repeat the same with the other leg and continue alternating legs throughout the exercise.
- You can do this exercise quickly or slowly, but doing this quickly is always the best when your main aim is to lose weight.
Burpee is an exercise that involves multiple muscles that tend to elevate your heart rate, thereby burning calories. Many studies even proved that high-intensity exercises like burpees could burn around 50% more fat than moderate exercises.
- Begin in a squat position by keeping your knees bent, back straight, and feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bent down your hands to the ground in front of you so that they are inside your feet.
- Give weight on your hands and kick your feet back in such a way that your hands and toes are in a pushup position.
- Keep your body straight and do one pushup. When you are doing this, do not let your back sag.
- Jump your feet back to the initial position. Once your feet are back under the upper body, jump up with your arms raised over the head and go back to the standing position.
Lunges target the large muscle groups of your lower body, which thereby boosts your metabolism and helps your body shed extra fats.
- To begin, stand up with your feet hip-width apart.
- Keep one of your legs forward in such a way that you are taking a large step.
- Put your weight on the front foot as you lower your hips. Make sure to keep your front foot flat and back heel lifted.
- Lower your hips until both your knees are bent at a 90-degree ankle.
Repeat all these exercises 3 sets of 10 reps each.
If you have any medical issues, talk to a doctor before you start doing all these exercises. You can also consult a doctor online.
Yoga and Weight Loss
There are certain yoga asanas that will help you lose weight if practised as a part of a regular exercise regimen. This 5000-year-old discipline increases your mindfulness as well as increases body awareness. When you practice yoga regularly, you will start eating healthy instead of binging on to those foods that cause fat accumulation. When it comes to weight loss, yoga removes impurities from your body such as lactic acid, lymphatic fluid, and carbon dioxide. It also cleanses your kidney, liver, and digestive system.
Given below are three yoga poses that help in weight loss.
- Warrior pose
- Cobra pose
- Chair pose
You can also try ayurvedic medicines for weight loss along with yoga and other physical exercises.
Cardio Exercises For Women
If you are really looking forward to a slim body, go for cardio exercises. This is perhaps one of the best weight loss exercises for women. Cardio exercises increase your heart rate and burn calories in the form of fat and glucose. Many studies suggest that high-intensity cardio exercises are more effective when compared to moderate-intensity exercises. This is because moderate-intensity cardio exercises may lead to muscle loss and can hurt your joints.
Examples of high-intensity cardio exercises include:
- Brisk walking
- Stair climbing
- Jumping jacks
Along with these exercises, you can also try intermittent fasting for weight loss.
Simple Weight Loss Tips
Apart from regular exercises, there are many other things that you should do if you want to lose weight. Follow these simple weight loss tips:
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet.
- Track calories
- Stay hydrated
- Drink water before meals
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Avoid stress
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Stay motivated