Worried about wrinkles on your forehead? Fret not! We are here to give you ideas on how to remove forehead wrinkles at home.
You could develop wrinkles on your forehead as a direct consequence of aging. As you age, the production of collagen decreases, and as a result, your skin becomes loose and starts developing wrinkles. Other causes of forehead wrinkles include stress, poor skincare regimen, sun exposure, genetics, cosmetics, or smoking.
Natural Remedies to Treat Forehead Wrinkles
The appearance of wrinkles on your forehead depends mainly on the ways you take care of your skin, both internally and externally.
Here is how to remove forehead wrinkles using natural remedies.
Aloe Vera gel
Aloe vera helps in stimulating the cells that produce collagen and elastin ( the two proteins which keep your skin firm and elastic). Applying aloe vera gel can help you treat forehead wrinkles and give you a healthy skin. It also works well in keeping your skin moisturized.
Apply a thin layer of aloe vera gel on your forehead. Rinse off once it gets dry.
Known as the natural moisturizer of the skin, coconut oil helps you reduce the appearance of wrinkles. The antifungal, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties of coconut oil can eliminate free radical activity in skin tissues, thereby eliminating the forehead lines in due course of time.
Gently massage your forehead in a circular motion for 10 minutes.
Petroleum jelly can lock in moisture and make the skin plump. This will help to smooth out the wrinkles that form on your forehead.
Apply petroleum jelly on your forehead at night. To reduce the oily feeling that petroleum jelly leaves behind, massage your forehead thoroughly.
Rich in vitamin C and E, citrus fruits such as orange, lemon, and grapefruit prove beneficial for your skin health. They also contain flavonoids which can promote collagen and elastin growth, strengthen the capillaries in your forehead, and give your skin a youthful glow.
Before you wash your face, dip a cotton ball in the citrus juice of your choice. If your skin is sensitive, dilute the citrus juice using equal amounts of water. Wipe the citrus juice on your forehead and wait for a few one or two minutes until it gets dry. Make sure not to leave the juice on your forehead for longer than it takes to dry. Rinse it off using warm water and continue with your beauty routine. You can also apply face packs made with citrus fruits to remove wrinkles from your forehead.
Citrus fruits are also one of the best remedies to treat pimples and black marks.
Almond oil contains good amounts of antioxidants such as vitamin E which combats wrinkles by counteracting degradation of the skin’s collagen fibers. This oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids that help your skin hold enough moisture that is critical for skin-building proteins as well as preventing wrinkles.
Cleanse your face and apply a few drops of pure almond oil on your forehead using fingertips. Gently massage the oil. It is always best to apply it before you go to bed, leaving it overnight. Rinse it off in the morning.
Almond oil is also one of the best body massage oils to moisturize and rejuvenate your body.
The antioxidants present in castor oil prevents free radical damage and keeps the skin on your forehead healthy and free of wrinkles. Also, the ricinoleic acid found in castor oil acts as a skin-conditioning agent.
Apply one teaspoon of castor oil in a gentle tapping motion on the forehead and leave it overnight.
If you are concerned about forehead wrinkles and your overall skin health, never hesitate to talk to a doctor. You can also consult a doctor online.
Lifestyle Changes to Get Rid of Forehead Wrinkles
As you age, the natural oil production decreases and makes your skin dry. Due to this, your skin becomes less elastic and causes forehead wrinkles.
Follow these tips to get smooth and wrinkle-free skin.
- Eat healthy foods – A healthy diet rich in proteins and vitamin C, E, B3, and A will help you treat skin disorders, including wrinkles.
- Quit smoking – Smoking constricts the blood vessels in the epidermal layer and reduces blood supply, thereby raising skin wrinkles eventually.
- Do anti-aging facial exercises – This helps to stimulate and strengthen your face muscles, tighten the skin and reduce forehead wrinkles.
- Keep your face moisturized – Doing this can improve skin moisture and can hydrate your skin.
- Wear sunglasses – When you go out, wear sunglasses to protect yourself from the harmful UV rays of the sun, one of the leading causes of forehead wrinkles.
- Reduce stress – Stress contributes significantly to the formation of forehead wrinkles. There are many ways to deal with stress – get a good night’s sleep, do stress-relieving exercises, yoga, and relaxation techniques.
- Drink plenty of water – Drinking enough water can help your skin stay hydrated. Aim to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
If you have any queries on how to remove forehead wrinkles, you can always seek quick medical advice from our expert doctors online.