The very thought of waking up early or rushing out of the office in the evening just to hit the gym makes us want to throw our health and fitness goals out of the window. Just think, when you use heavy machines or lift weights, you are likely to get caught up about how heavy things feel, and also there are more chances for injuries. Good news! Now there is no need to spend extra money at a crowded gym or get nightmares about those gym injuries.
Benefits of Leg Exercises
Just like your core and upper body, your legs need the same amount of attention and care. Your leg helps you in moving around all day, and working on your leg muscles can benefit you in many ways. Having stronger legs decreases and prevents knee and hip pains, prevent falls and makes us feel better. It improves our confidence levels as well as keeps us happy all throughout the day.
There are so many ways to do leg exercises at home even if you don’t have any equipment. Here are some of the benefits of doing regular leg exercises for men and women:
- Builds and strengthens muscles
- Boost metabolism
- Weight loss
- Avoid lower back pain
- Build stronger legs
- Balance and stability
- Correct posture
You can try the below-mentioned leg exercises at home. Before you start doing, ask a doctor whether it is the right exercise for your health and body. You can also consult doctor online.
Best Leg Exercises at Home
1. Reverse Lunges
- Stand up and keep your legs hip-width apart. Keep your core muscles engaged. Make sure to keep your back straight throughout the workout. With your chin up, keep your head facing forward.
- Keep your hands on your hips.
- Take a long step backwards as comfortably as you can with your left leg.
- Lower the hips so that your right thigh becomes parallel to the ground, with your right knee positioned directly over the ankle. Bent your left knee (90-degree ankle) and point towards the floor lifting your heel
- Return to the initial position by pressing your right heel into the ground and bringing the other leg forward.
- Helps burn more calories
- Sculpt a rounded boot and beautiful legs
- Activates stabilizing muscles, thereby improving balance and coordination.
- Strengthens core thereby improving posture and prevents injuries
- Improves mobility
- Stand straight keeping your feet hip-distance apart.
- Bend your knees and then extend your buttocks as if you are sitting in a chair. Make sure to keep your knees behind the toes. Your entire weight should be on the heels. Stay in the same position for a few seconds.
- Go to your initial position and repeat the exercise.
- Build strong glutes
- Boost metabolism
- Burn calories
- Strengthens and sculpts your legs
3. Squat jumps
- Stand straight. Keep your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Slightly bend your knees and lower yourself into the squat position.
- Engage your core and jump straight up. While jumping, make sure to bring your knees towards the chest.
- Release your legs and lower your body back into the squat position. Repeat the next jump upon landing.
- Improves bone health
- Maintains mobility and balance
- Burn calories
- Tone muscles, butt, and legs
4. Calf raises
- Keep your hands on a wall or chair. Stand straight and avoid locking your knees.
- Lift your heels off the ground until you are stand on your toes.
- Bring back your heels down.
- Repeat the exercise
- Improves ankle stability and mobility
- Good for your joints
- Injury prevention
- Bigger calves
5. Side lunges
- Stand upright. Keep your feet shoulder-width apart. Relax your shoulders
- Lift your right leg off the ground and place it wide apart. Make sure that your toes are facing in the forward direction. Keep your core engaged.
- Flex your right knee and keep your spine upright. Lower your body to the right. Make sure that your left foot is fully extended and left foot flat on the ground. You can also keep your hands together for support. Stay in the same position for a few seconds and feel the stretch in your left thigh. Go to the initial position.
- Repeat this exercise on the opposite side.
- Develops balance, stability, and strength
- Reduce the appearance of cellulite
- Better joint stabilization
- Better sports performance
These easy stretching and flexibility exercises also act best to relieve work from home stress.
If you would like to make your body strong, healthy, and perfectly shaped, you should follow a regular exercise schedule. Along with that, never forget to have a healthy and nutritious diet. Good quality of sleep and drinking enough water is equally essential. It is very important to consult an expert doctor before you start a new workout or dietary plans.
Doing this will help you avoid suffering from injuries and find the best leg exercises suitable for you.