Are you in your twenties and looking for ways to grow taller? If yes, then know that increasing height is no big deal. Nowadays, there are so many medicines and treatments available that claim to increase height. But these opinions are quite expensive, and there is no 100% guarantee that you will get the expected results. Exercising is one of the best and inexpensive ways to grow taller. This article highlights some of the best exercises to increase height. Check it out!
Factors That Influences Your Height
The main factor that influences your height is genetics. However, 80% of a person’s height is determined by genetics, there are other factors too. This includes hormones, nutrition, daily activity, medical conditions.
Exercises to Increase Height
Practising certain exercises will help you tone and strengthen your leg muscles. It works well in releasing the growth hormones responsible for height gain. Here are some of the best exercises to increase height.
This is another effective stretching exercise that will help you increase height.
- Lie down on the floor, keep your face down, place your palms on the ground under your shoulders.
- Lift your chin while arching your spine so as to form an elevated angle.
- Arch back as far as you can. Stay in the position for at least 20 seconds.
Other benefits of cobra stretch:
Cobra stretch improves flexibility, stretches your spine, shoulder, chest, and abdominals. It also treats lower back conditions such as lumbar disc herniation and sciatica.
Have you ever heard about swimming out of the pool? Well, this exercise to increase height is something of this kind.
- Lie down on your stomach and extend your body.
- Stretch your arms towards the front.
- Lift your left arm higher than the right arm.
- Lift your right leg as much as you can. Make sure to keep your legs straight. Remain in this position for a few seconds.
- Repeat the same with your opposite leg and hand.
Other benefits of land swimming or dry land training:
This amazing exercise to increase height also helps to burn calories and build muscles.
Jump squats is one of the most popular exercises to increase height. Practising this exercise daily will help you tone your muscles and joints in your lower body thereby increasing your overall height.
- Stand straight and keep your feet shoulder-width apart. Make sure to keep your hands by the side.
- Lift your chest, keep your shoulders rolled back, chin up, and look straight.
- Bend your knees, squat down, and bring your palms together.
- Your knees should not overshoot the toes. Bend little forward so as to prevent your lower back from getting hurt.
- While trying to get up, drive your body upwards and jump. Throw your hands down in order to generate force.
- Land gently and squat down.
Other benefits of jump squats exercise:
This is also one of the best belly fat reduction exercises. It helps you build explosive strength, improves flexibility, as well as strengthens your lower body.
This is a very simple exercise that you can do at home to increase height. When you hang on a bar daily, you are stretching your entire body, especially your spine gets elongated.
- Stand under a vertical bar.
- Jump up slightly and catch hold of the bar. Make sure that your palms are facing outwards.
- Keep hanging for at least 10 seconds. Relax your arms, shoulders, and hips as possible.
- Release the bar and count till 10.
- Do this 15 times.
Other benefits of bar hanging:Improves posture
Doing this exercise every day can strengthen your abdominal muscles, relieve lower back pain, and promote blood circulation. Make sure not to overdo this exercise to increase height as too much of it can harm your ligaments and muscles.
Rope skipping is a fun exercise that will help you grow taller. It involves a lot of jumping, which triggers the cells of your body from head to toe. When you do skipping, your body muscles start becoming active. This exercise adds to bone mass by making them longer thereby increasing height.
Other benefits of rope skipping:
This is a great exercise that helps in improving coordination. It keeps your cardiovascular system healthy and also sheds off excess body fat.
This simple exercise to increase height stretches your body up and down from the spine as well as your hips. It increases the curvature of your lower spine and upper back thereby boosting your height.
- Lie down on the ground keeping your shoulders flat.
- Stretch your arms and rest them aside.
- Bend your knees and bring your feet closer to the buttocks.
- Arch back to lift the pelvis.
- Tuck your buttocks and let the legs and shoulders support your body weight.
- Hold the posture for at least 20 seconds.
- Repeat the exercise.
Other benefits of pelvic shift:
Pelvic shift strengthens your abdominal muscles, treats back pain, improves posture, and also helps in preventing gestational diabetes.
Cycling helps in stretching your legs, thereby increasing height. It is recommended to start cycling during your teens as it can bring a crucial difference in your height.
Other benefits of cycling:
Cycling is one of the best exercises to increase flexibility and strength. It improves cardiovascular health and is also a great way to reduce stress.
- Stand up against a wall.
- Get onto your tiptoes and reach your hands up as much as possible.
- Keep your spine flat against the wall as much as you can.
Other benefits of wall stretch:
Wall stretching exercise is one of the best ways to relieve neck stiffness and improve your flexibility.
This sport exercises all the muscles that helps you increase height. The anaerobic movements and jumping during this game allows your pituitary gland to release growth hormones into your body thereby helping you grow taller.
Other benefits of basketball:
Basketball helps you build endurance, improve concentration levels and teaches you how to be a good team player.
Practice these exercises to increase height regularly. Make sure to avoid over-exercising as it can cause injury and hampers the recovering capacity of your body.
If you are someone with health problems, it is always recommended to discuss with a doctor before you do the above-mentioned exercises to increase height. You can also consult a doctor online.
Other Exercises to Increase Height
Still looking for answers on how to increase height? We have another list of exercises. Check them out!
- Bird dog
- Alternate leg kick
- Mermaid stretch
- Low lunge arch
Effective Tips to Increase Height
Apart from exercises, there are certain things you can do to make sure that you are maximizing your potential for growth. Now that you are aware of the different exercises that can help you increase height, we have come up with some simple tips that you must follow. Keep reading!
- Practice yoga to maximize your height – Yoga is a whole-body practice that will help strengthen muscles, align your body, and help with good posture thereby increasing height. Some of the best yoga poses to increase height include Mountain Pose, Child’s Pose, and Cobra Pose.
- Eat a well-balanced diet – A healthy diet plays a key role in promoting height Your diet should include fresh fruits, veggies, whole grains, proteins, and dairy products.
- Practice good posture – This is very important to increase height because poor posture can make you look shorter than you actually are. Also, poor posture may lead to slumping or slouching.
If you have queries on how to increase height even after 20, you can always consult our top doctors online.